The 4Strings Music Festival is a chamber music program devoted to string players of all levels emphasizing performance skills, musicianship, technique, and tone production. Master classes with internationally acclaimed violinist Ann Setzer, of The Juilliard School and Sean Yoo, recording and audiovisual specialist, will educate students on important issues such as technique, musicianship and tone production.
We provide a unique summer music program offering string players the opportunity to spend two weeks studying classical music alongside distinctive faculty from New York City’s premier music programs. Our student’s creative expression will be inspired by the natural surroundings, stylish accommodations, and the harmony created by a balanced educational approach. This environment helps build friendships and relationships within the cultural community of dedicated faculty and talented students. Our summer music festival program includes full chamber repertoire, solo performance opportunities, and large group ensembles.
Why 4Strings Music Festival ?
4Strings Music Festival is a music immersion program in classical music education and performance development including the following.
- Up to three Lessons with our world-class faculty. Additional private lessons are available.
- Chamber Music Coaching.
- Large Ensemble Program.
- Required daily private practice. Limited practice coaching available as required.
- Classical music educational enrichment programs featuring rhythm and ear training, sight reading, instrument tuning and care, and digital audio recording lab feature to help each musician understand the complexions of their tone production.
- Solo performance practice opportunities with piano accompanist.
- Special Master Class – TBA
- Faculty Concerts.
- Morning stretch or yoga sessions.
- Daily sporting activity optional including indoor and outdoor swimming, tennis, hiking, golf (at additional cost), ping pong, yoga, and fitness.
- Nightly evening activity including recitals, chamber concerts, large ensembles, and group activities including a Movie Night, and a Campfire Night.
- Possible group excursion to a local recreational center may be scheduled.
- Student Solo Performance Showcase and Final Gala Concert held.
4Strings was the best camp I’ve ever been to! It was the perfect balance of music and fun that a music festival should have! The faculty and the other campers were so nice and supportive as well ! Chamber music, s’mores, hiking, swimming, funpark, unlimited buffet, bonfire, hotel rooms and golf course ! BEST SUMMER EVER !!! 4Strings 4ever ! ― Allie ―